In all my years of blogging I don't think I've ever done an empties post. I tend to just chuck things in the bin as soon as I'm done with them, but I thought I'll collect all my empties for this month and see how much I really do go through. And wow, I managed to finish up quite a lot of products in January! You know, pre blogging days (a.k.a. the time when I didn't have masses and masses of beauty products) I actually hated when I finished up a product. It meant I had to go spend money to replace it. Now I get such a huge satisfaction out of it, as it means I'm finally getting through my stash instead of being forced to throw them out when they go bad from not being used for years. Anyway, here are all the products I finished in January.
1. Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara: I really love this mascara, it's one of my favourites, the only thing I don't love is the price tag which is around $25AUD. That too me is too much for a drugstore mascara, hence I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale before I repurchase it again.
2. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation in Nude: I quite like using this foundation in warmer months. It adds a nice glow to my dry skin. I've been using this one on and off since it was released a few years ago and I've already purchased a back up. In winter I tend to mix this with a long lasting type foundation, e.g. Revlon Colorstay, to make it a bit matter make it last longer on my skin.
3. Essence All About Matt foundation: Another foundation that I finished this month, it's a great every day foundation that costs less than $10. I'll most likely repurchase but right now I'm trying to go through my stash of foundations so I've promised myself no more foundations till I finish 2 more bottles.
4. L'Oreal Voluminous mascara: This is possibly my favourite mascara ever, unfortunately it's discontinued and I can only find them at discount cosmetic stores (e.g. Cosmo Cosmetica) or on ebay. Definitely worth a try if you can track it down.
5. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation in Nude: Yep, here's another foundation I finished up in January. It's another product that I keep repurchasing. I reviewed it HERE. It's such an easy to wear foundation for me, I don't have to think about it and can apply directly with my fingertips to get smooth, even coverage that lasts. Love it.
6. Schwarzkopf Taft Full On Styling hair powder: I love this powder, I reviewed it originally HERE and since then I've gone through maybe 6 bottles of the stuff. It gives great volume, and also helps to add texture to newly washed hair if i want to put it up. Will repurchase for sure.
7. Paul Mitchell Instant Daily Shampoo and Daily Treatment*: This was a great every day shampoo/conditioner which gave my hair and scalp a good clean feeling without drying it out. I had been using Organix Cocoa Butter shampoo/conditioner before this, and it had made my hair feel really limp and heavy (perhaps too rich for my hair type), so this was a refreshing change. I did find the Paul Mitchell Daily Treatment (let's just call it conditioner, shall we?) not as moisturising as I would have preferred for my dry hair, however I've also been using the Paul Mitchell Intense Hydrating Treatment which has been making my hair feel super moisturised, soft and manageable every time I use it.
8. Burts Bees Almond Milk hand cream: This is THE best hand cream for my extremely dry hands, as reviewed HERE. It's super thick and moisturising and I've already repurchased another container of it.
There you have it, an empties post from me. Do you like seeing Empties posts, should I continue doing them?