This is what they said about Emerald, the chosen colour of 2013.
"Most often associated with brilliant, precious gemstones, the perception of Emerald is sophisticated and luxurious. Since antiquity, this luminous, magnificent hue has been the color of beauty and new life in many cultures and religions. It’s also the color of growth, renewal and prosperity – no other color conveys regeneration more than green. For centuries, many countries have chosen green to represent healing and unity.
Symbolically, Emerald brings a sense of clarity, renewal and rejuvenation, which is so important in today’s complex world. This powerful and universally appealing tone translates easily to both fashion and home interiors" (source)
Personally I'm a huge fan of emerald green. It looks good on blondes, brunettes and especially redheads. It's such a striking colour yet also easy on the eye. So expect to see lots and lots of green hitting the stores next year, whether in clothes, makeup or accessories. This makes me happy.
Here are some emerald green options to tickle your fancy.
1. Jack by BB Dakota dress - link
2. Matthew Williamson Swarovski embellished clutch - link
3. Colette Metal & Enamel bib necklace - link
4. Illamasqua nail varnish in Rampage - link
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eye pencil in Clinic - link
6. NYX single eyeshadow in Wild Fire - link
7. Ivanka Trump Caudaline shoes - link
What do you think of Emerald as the colour of the year?
*contains affiliate links