Left to right, they are:
1. MAC Impassioned - of course this is here, it's my favourite shade of all brights. It's a warm watermelon pink, definitely a summery colour and it's an instant face brightener. Looks best with minimal eye makeup.
2. L'Oreal Matte lipstick in Glamor Fuschia - this tends to pull raspberry on me rather than fuchsia, but love it anyway. It's more of an autumn shade I'd say. The matte formula isn't drying at all, and if there were more colours in the range that I liked I'd buy them all!
3. Shanghai Suzy in Miss Melissa - This is my only other Shanghai Suzy lipstick. It's slightly brighter than the L'Oreal one and slightly cooler toned.
4. Savvy by DB lipstick in San Fran - these lipsticks are fabulous, they cost around $7 at Priceline and the lasting power is incredible, as is the pigmentation. This is one of my more muted brights (or is that an oxymoron?).
5. NARS lipstick in Schiap - Super bright, super glamorous, my photo doesn't do the colour justice as in real life it's a lot more punchy. The formula is semi matte which I find drying, but because I love the colour I forgive it this little sin.
And here are the lip swatches in natural light, no lipliner.
|1. MAC Impassioned; 2. L'Oreal Glamor Fuchsia; 3. Shanghai Suzy Miss Melissa; 4. Savvy San Fran; NARS Schiap|
This brings me to the end of my favourite lipstick swatches, but there's still one more day left of lip week. What's happening tomorrow? It's a surprise! So come back tomorrow and see for yourself.