I read a lot of beauty blogs, I read a lot of beauty magazines, and look I even have a beauty blog of my own so it goes without saying that there are certain things that I know I shouldn't do when it comes to taking care of my hair, skin and nails... but... I still do it. So what beauty sins do I commit? Plenty!
Here are my confessions.
- I know I shouldn't wash my hair every day but I still do it, almost - I hate the feeling of unwashed hair, and even though I use dry shampoos from time to time, the reality is that I wash my hair at least 5 - 6 times a week.
- I heat style it every day - either curl it, or straighten it... and that's after using a blow dryer to dry my hair.
- I tease it, I backcomb it, and throughout the day I keep touching my hair.
- I have a bad habit of playing with my hair to the point that sometimes I make knots and the only way to get rid of them is to cut them. This is a habit from childhood: my mum tells me of many a time when my little fingers would get stuck in my tangled hair and she'd have to cut my hair to free my fingers.
- I love finding split ends in my hair and then splitting them further.
- I don't wash my makeup off every night. I have no excuse for this, I have wipes, I have cleansers, my only excuse is laziness.
- I don't wash my makeup brushes as often as I should. See point above about laziness. I do clean them after a couple of uses with a spray-on cleanser, but washing them each week? Lazy!
- I never use a primer before my foundation. I know some girls swear by them, but I can't be bothered as that just adds another step to my routine. All I need is some moisturiser under my foundation and I'm good to go.
- Ok I LIE, some days I don't even use moisturiser! There are days when I wake up and my skin feels good, so I skip that moisturiser step... saves me 5 minutes in the mornings AT LEAST. I'll probably regret it one day, but I'm here confessing my sins so no secrets.
- I can't be bothered using body moisturiser, no time for it! Although from time to time I will go through intense moisturising routines, but then the laziness takes over. Especially in winter.
- I pick at the dry skin around my nails. I even bite them.
- Sometimes I try to be good and massage cuticle butter on my cuticles religiously for 3 days straight... then I relapse and start picking at them.
- I don't use a base coat, even though I know it will make the polish last longer, and prevent staining.
- I secretly enjoy peeling off some polishes.
I'm sure there are plenty of other beauty sins I commit, but this is all you're getting from me now.
Come on, confess, what beauty sins do you commit?