I bought the Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask 250ml ($44.95AUD) about a month ago from Hairhouse Warehouse and I've been using it twice a week since then so I think it's about time I tell you my thoughts on it.
|Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask, 250ml|
I will be honest here, with Intense Hydrating in the name I really expected, well, intense hydration! But instead what I got was something similar to a really good conditioner. Basically it softens my hair and makes it feel more manageable, but it doesn't give it that extra hydration that I was expecting.
- It has the same smell as the actual oil which I love.
- The texture is very thick and creamy, but easy to spread throughout my wet hair, which I leave on 5-10 minutes (as per directions) before washing out.
- It comes in a 250ml tub, which while somewhat messy during use, I know I'll grow to appreciate when I reach the bottom as it will be easier to scoop out every little bit.
- It doesn't weigh down hair.
- Unless I use the matching hair oil afterwards, this actually takes away the shine from my hair, grrrr...
- For my really dry hair, this isn't hydrating enough, but I imagine it would work well for normal to dry hair.
Will I buy it again? No. Not because I hated it, but for my thick dry hair this doesn't give it any more hydration than I get from a really good quality conditioner. Especially for the price I think there are better options out there for me. I've lately resorted to using pure coconut oil on my hair (available at most health food stores for around $10), and my hair is benefiting more than from this.
Have you used this mask? Do you have any recommendations for thick, dry hair in need of good hydration?