What is it?
It's the new Push-Up liner from the They're Real! range (remember their famous mascara of the same range?). It's a gel liner that's in the shape of a pen. So what's new I hear you say? Well, the gel is inside the pen, it's one of those twisty pens that you wind up the end to get the product out. It takes a few turns to actually get any product to come out the first time (or activate it, as the Benegals call it), but once activated one twist gives you enough product for one eye.
Why is it easy to use?
Firstly, it does take getting used to. But, once you've got the hang of it then it's fool-proof. Why? It's the tip, it's a flexible rubber which makes it easy to press really close to the lash line in order to draw a line. Also, because it dries very quickly there's no risk of smudging it as you apply. I would recommend that if you get this, draw a few lines on your hand to get the hang of how it works before you apply on your lash line.
- Once you get the hang of using it, it's quite easy to do a perfect line
- A nice, deep black.
- Don't need a separate brush to apply with
- Dries quickly / doesn't smudge / waterproof
- Lasts all day
- Applicator design means gel won't dry out
- Takes some getting used to
- Pricey - for $35AUD you get 1.5gr product. Most gel liners that come in a pot are double that size, but you are paying for the innovative packaging here, and the 5 years of research that went into making this.
Available at Myer from 27 June 2014.
What do you think of this liner? Are you going to try it?