As much as I'm a fan of eyeshadow palettes, there's just something satisfying about building your own palette with single pan eyeshadows. Majority of my singles are by MAC or Inglot, with a few randoms thrown in. I have quite a lot of single pans but these are my 15 most used colours. And surprise, surprise, they're neutrals! Some might think this is a boring palette, but you know what, when it comes to my everyday makeup I'm pretty boring when doing my eyes (lips, now that's another story). The palette that houses them is the medium sized Z Palette which I picked up from the Makeupgeek store.
Here's a closeup of the colours, followed by swatches for you to see.
- Inglot #467: pale creamy peach colour with tiny sparkles, great on the brow bone
- Inglot #397: shimmery pinky peach which I wear in the inner corner of eyes
- Makeupgeek Vanilla Bean: off-white vanilla colour. Boring in the pan, but perfect on the brow bone.
- MAC Retrospeck: antique gold shade, mainly wear in inner corner of eyes
- MAC Moleskin l/e: it's a mid toned nude shade which I use to blend out harsh lines
- Inglot #402: very similar to the one next to it, but slightly lighter.
- MAC Satin Taupe: coz you know, everyone needs this in their stash
- Inglot #420: shimmery mid toned grey, great on the lid
- Makeupgeek Latte: an absolute favourite, great in the crease for daytime smokey eyes
- MAC Sable: If you've ever wished Satin Taupe was slightly more brown, then this is the one you want
- MAC Vex: an underrated colour. It's a beautiful duo chrome grey with lilac undertones
- MakeupGeek Fairytale: Dark matte indigo purple which looks great in the crease. A favourite.
- Inglot #463: I actually use this on my brows as it's the right ashy brown for me, but it's also great in the crease.
- Inglot #459: a matte cool dark brown with tiny sparkles, great in the crease for a dark smokey eye
- Inglot #63: a matte black eyeshadow is a necessity in your makeup bag. I use it to line my eyes or to deepen the crease for a dark smokey eye look
Where I buy them
I get my MAC from Myer usually, or through their online store (the Aussie version). I used to have a great ebay seller, based in US, that sold authentic MAC at US prices but she's since shut up shop.
Inglot I used to get from their bricks and mortar stores but all the ones near me have shut down, so now I get them from their online store.
Makeupgeek I bought from their website, international shipping costs were reasonable and delivery was less than 2 weeks.
There you have it, my top 15 single pan eyeshadows. Are any of them your favourites?