A while back I was sent TheBalm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer for review and it took me a while to use it as I just didn't think it would work for me. And... ummm... yeah, I should have used it earlier as it's actually not bad. Not bad at all. In fact I'd go so far as to say for a tinted moisturiser it's pretty darn good.
|TheBalm Balm Shelter TM in Medium|
- It's very thick and creamy but without that heavy sticky feeling.
- For a tinted moisturizer it actually provides very good coverage.
- It has a satin finish, i.e. it's not matte but not overly dewy either.
- Feels lovely on the skin and is non-drying (I don't know why but some tinted moisturisers I've tried in the past have been quite drying, despite the word moisturizer being in the name!)
- On my skin it lasts about 4 hours and then starts wearing off around my chin and nose. This would be a deal breaker if this was a foundation, but for a tinted moisturiser I think that's pretty good!
- It's great for those days when you don't want a lot of coverage, and perfect for travel especially since it is SPF18.
- It is expensive - at $34.95 a tube, some people would prefer to pick up a foundation instead.
- Available at David Jones.
|Wearing TheBalm Balm Shelter TM in Medium|
The bottom line
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this tinted moisturiser was, and loved the glow it gave my skin. However despite the great coverage, I would never wear this on a day when I wanted my makeup to last longer than 4 hours, e.g. I would never wear this to work. But for lazy days lounging around the house or to wear on holidays this is perfect.
Do you wear tinted moisturisers or do you prefer foundations?
PS: if you entered my Arbonne eyeshadow giveaway, the winner has been drawn and announced on the original post. The winner (Mandy) has already been contacted.