The last 3 weeks have been a bit up and down for me. It seems like the pregnancy fatigue has finally caught up with me and I've been going from having absolutely no energy to feeling almost half back to normal. And on those no-energy days all I want to do is curl up on the couch and whinge and complain, but then I'll get a kick or a wiggle from the little one and I'm reminded of how lucky I am.
Reasons I want to whinge
- Feeling tired all the time
- Dislocated ribs - after a visit to a chiropractor it turns out my left ribs have been popped out of their place requiring weekly realignment. Ouch.
- Fuzzy brain - pregnancy brain is real!
- Too uncomfortable to sleep - can't even toss and turn due to the extra weight and the rib pain.
- Feeling fat and breathless all the time
- Boy's names are hard to choose!
- Heartburn is back
- None of the weight gain has gone to my b00bs - seriously, would it hurt to go up a couple of sizes?
Reasons I feel lucky
- Perfect little boy growing inside me
- Already falling in love with his adorable little face - we had 3d scans at 32weeks and he is the spitting image of my husband
- He lets me know his food likes and dislikes through his kicks and movements. Ice Cream=Like! Spicy food=Dislike!
- How easily he was conceived
- Have had a dream of a pregnancy so far
- Weight gain has been slow and steady
- No fluid retention, no puffy face, hands, feet
- Can still wear high heels - well, within limits
- Skin has been behaving, no stretchmarks, no pigmentation
- Wonderful, supportive husband who is an excited daddy-to-be
- Supportive family on both sides
- No hormonal emotional breakdowns
Yep, I definitely have more reasons to feel lucky than to whinge :-)