Here's what I took with me:
- Urban Decay On The Go Palette - in it you get 6 eyeshadows (matte brown used on my brows), 1 bronzer (good as a contour), 1 blush, mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss (I replaced the lipgloss and took my own instead). Full review HERE.
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation in Nude
- Sabaya Powder foundation - I got this in Dubai a while back, it's good for mattifying and setting foundation.
- 2 x Australis Velourlips matte lip creams (in MI-A-MEE and LUN-DUN) - full review HERE
- Bare Minerals lip stick in Speak your Mind (full review HERE)
- Victoria's Secret perfume in Eau So Sexy
Plus of course I took various brushes with me, but on the whole this was a fairly small travel makeup bag and I didn't even feel like I should have brought more with me.
As for Melbourne - ah, I love Melbourne. I used to go there quite a lot for work and also just for fun with the husband as he has family there. We love the cafe culture there, the tiny laneways and hidden bars. But the Melbourne that we loved as a couple is not exactly family friendly when you have a toddler in tow. So this time around instead of staying in the city we stayed in an apartment in St Kilda beach - still the fantastic cafe culture that we love (plus the variety of European cake shops!), but in a more family friendly atmosphere.
|St Kilda beach and pier|
|Delicious breads at the Queen Victoria Markets - give me all the carbs! NOW!|
|St Kilda markets|
|Decisions, decisions - my son at Brunetti's|
|I'll have that one!|