I've got warm skin, light/medium to medium (around MAC NC25 or slightly darker). The colour 2W1 is slightly too light and 3W1 is way too dark so I mix a bit of the darker shade into the lighter one to come up with my perfect match. In the blended swatch below 3W1 looks like a pretty good match but my arm is darker than my face so the shade difference is more obvious on my face.
|L/R: 2W1 Sand and 3W1 Tawny|
|L/R: 2W1 Sand and 3W1 Tawny blended|
Since there are so many blog posts about it already, I'll keep my thoughts brief.
- It provides full coverage and masks absolutely everything.
- Because of the full coverage it can also feel quite mask-like and flat on the face so a blush is absolutely necessary to give your face back some dimension.
- It's very very long lasting. If applied 7 in the morning it's still intact at bedtime before I take my makeup off.
- It can be quite drying so moisturising beforehand is a must.
- For me personally it's not an everyday foundation. As I have dry skin, the drying mask-like effect is uncomfortable for every day wear. However I've been wearing this on days that I really need my foundation to last, or if I know I've got a full on day with lots of running around, and it's not let me down.
Here's how it looks on my face. This was freshly applied, but I can honestly say this is how it looks at the end of the day too.
Will I purchase? Probably not. Whilst I do love the coverage and longevity, I think it's too drying for my skin. It's definitely better suited to those with oilier skins.
Have you tried it? Do you like it?