I love having a sneaky beak into people's makeup bags, so I thought I'll let you peek into mine. More specifically this is the makeup bag I take to work with me. On all other days I usually have my 16mth old son with me so I carry his nappy bag around, and between his bottles, snacks, nappies and powders there's no room for a makeup bag. On those days I just carry a compact mirror and a lippy with me. Enough chit chat, let's look inside shall we?
What's in my makeup bag?
1. Nurofen: I get really bad migraines sometimes so a painkiller is a must to have with me.
2. Handcream: I always forget to moisturise my hands at home so I pop a sample sized hand cream in my office makeup bag. Occasionally I'll remember to use it, like if I'm sitting at a teleconference and don't need to use my hands to type or use a mouse. This one is jojoba Lemon and Coconut hand cream*. It does a good job of hydrating my hands but I'm not a huge fan of the smell which luckily doesn't last too long!
3. Compact powder: I always carry one around with me for touch ups during the day. This one is Sabaya powder foundation in #07 which I got in Dubai. It has a decent coverage, a good sized mirror under the lid and a sponge for touching up the nose.
4. Perfume: I always seem to have perfume samples around so I pop a couple in my bag for emergencies. This one is actually not a sample, it's The Body Shop perfume oil in Vanilla which I've had for a couple of years now. I really like the smell, it's sweet but not sickly so. And it lasts a while. I don't always use it, but I like to have it on me anyway in case I forget to spray some in the morning as I'm leaving home.
5. Lipbalm: On days that I'm wearing a matte lippy (Australis, I'm looking at you!) a lipbalm is a must so I always have one in my bag. This one is People for Plants lip balm* in Manuka Honey and Shea. What I love about it is that it comes in a bullet case so I don't have to get my fingers dirty, and it's non-oily and sinks in quickly so I don't have to wait to apply my lippy straight after applying this.
6. 7. 8. Lipsticks: This is different all the time depending on what colour I'm wearing that day. This week I've mostly been wearing Australis Velourlips in RIO-D (see my swatches HERE), Flormar Pretty lipstick in #315 (see my review HERE) and Australis Longwear lipstick in Uber Cool (see my swatches HERE).
9. Blush: I generally carry a blush around with me as sometimes when I'm concentrating hard on the screen I'll lean on my hand and rub my blush off. I've been carrying this small blush by Arcancil with me as it has a mirror under the lid and comes with a brush. See my review of the blush HERE.
The makeup bag was a gift with purchase from Bourjois, it's a pretty good size and the candy stripes make me happy looking at them.
What are some of your makeup bag must haves?