As you know I recently went on a long weekend away with the family. It was only for 4 days, and I'm getting so good at packing just the right amount of things to take away with me. Here are my top 10 beauty products that are a must in my makeup bag for quick weekends away.
- Foundation - a compact foundation is best as usually they come with their own sponge and mirrored lid so you're saving space by not having to take additional things with you to apply it with. I took Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Cream Foundation in Beige. Preview review HERE.
- A neutral shade of blush - you want something that's easy to wear and suits a variety of eye and lip looks. My pick - Illamasqua blush in Naked Rose
- A versatile eyeshadow palette - neutral shades are best, and this Too Faced Natural Eye palette fits the bill as it has the right mix of matte and shimmer shades, plus I can use the top right shade on my brows.
- Eyebrow pencil - if you've read my previous post on eyebrows then you'll know why this Rimmel brow pencil is an essential for me.
- Mascara - If you plan on swimming then a waterproof mascara would be ideal, otherwise a good all rounder that lengthens and volumises will be perfect. I took with me my CG Lashblast Fusion mascara.
- Lipstick - pale colour for everyday wear. I took Rimmel Kate in #16 (shown previously HERE)
- Lipstick - bright shade for going out. I took Rimmel Kate in #20 (shown previously HERE)
- Makeup remover wipes - let's face it, while on holidays skincare routines pretty much suffer. Makeup remover wipes make it easy for even the laziest girls to remove their makeup and grime at the end of the day. I've been using these Simple wipes for years as they're quite moist and don't irritate my skin.
- Deodorant - This is a MUST. If I'm travelling by plane I usually take a roll on with me as I can't risk having my aerosol can confiscated at security, otherwise a spray is my preference. I took with me this Dove Pure deodorant which was sent to me for review. It’s a new antiperspirant deo that Dove has created which contains no nasties that could irritate your skin like parabens, colourants, fragrance or ethyl alcohol. But it still has all the ingredients needed to keep your underarms feeling dry and it offers 48hr protection (no, I did not skip the shower for 48hrs). And just like all Dove products, Dove Pure contains ¼ moisturising cream which means it helps keep underarms looking healthy and won’t cause irritation, e.g. if you apply straight after shaving. I'll do a proper post on this when I've used it for a bit longer to tell you how it stacks up!
- Dry Shampoo - For lazy girls like me who can't be bothered washing their hair every day. I took with me this Garnier pure volume dry shampoo and while it's not HG material, it still did its job over the last few days.
What are some of your must items to take on holidays?
*This is a sponsored post as per my disclosure statement