This is the story of one such obsessive period when I just had to have the Urban Decay Naked Palette and the hunt for it through the streets of Europe (it's a long post broken up with pics from the trip, so I completely understand if you don't have time to read it all and want to move on...)
Late last year the husband & I went travelling through Europe ...While planning our trip 3 words kept leaping into my thoughts: Sephora and Naked Palette. There is no Sephora nor Urban Decay in Australia, hence my excitement.
- Google nearest Sephora store...hmmm, only 2.2 kms from hotel, surely we can sightsee our way towards Sephora?
- After throwing coins in the Trevi, eating Gelato on the Spanish Steps and strolling along Via Corso, we "just happened" upon Sephora.
- I rush in like a madwoman (husband left standing outside holding my gelato), head straight to the UD stand while getting my wallet out... and... empty!
- Never mind, this is the start of our trip... 2 more countries and 6 more cities to go.
|At the Colosseum - on lips, Revlon Pink Pout|
- In Barcelona find a Sephora store near Las Ramblas, it's huuuggeee, which can only mean it will have stocks of the Naked Palette! Head straight to UD counter... and... the Naked stand is, well, naked!
- Head to Sephora in El Cortes Ingles in Madrid, walk straight to the... wait a minute, there is no Urban Decay counter! What the *&*# kind of Sephora doesn't stock UD??? Starting to feel dejected.
- In Granada get ripped off by a gypsy, don't even bother looking for a Sephora, go to the Moroccan teahouses and drown my sorrows in extra sweet Moroccan mint tea.
- Arrive in Nice, checked in luggage no-where to be found. It had decided to travel to Geneva instead (AlItalia helped along the way).
- Lucky I'm carrying my make-up case in my hand luggage. Smart. Sure I don't have anything to wear but at least I'll have perfect make-up.
- Decide to cheer myself up by finding Sephora and surely buying the Naked Palette. This is France after all, and if anyone will stock it, Sephora.FR will. Nope.
- Two days later get reunited with my Swiss travelling bag, but it too hadn't found the Naked Palette on its travels.
- In Marseille head to 3 Sephora stores all within 1km of our hotel (we chose well!), but no Naked Palette.
- Arrive in Paris... this is it, I can feel it! Go to countless Sephora stores, with every empty stand get more and more dejected...
- On 2nd last day in Paris walk past a tiny nondescript Sephora store. Don't even bother going in, what's the point anyway?
- Husband encourages me to go in. I think he just wants to get out of the rain...
- I walk in, walk towards the UD counter, even without looking I'm ready to walk out when... there it is! Shiny! New! Everything I had hoped it would be and more!
- Completely forget how my wallet comes out of bag, how I pay for it, what we did and where we went after buying the palette, all I know is I had finally found it.
|Dark sunnies to hide the sadness over lost bag|
|Despite the happy facade, still haven't found the palette.|
It took me 3 countries, 7 cities, 100s of Sephora stores and 1 extremely understanding husband to find the Naked Palette.
What obsessive lengths have you gone to to find something you want?